Thursday, May 29, 2008

First Breath After Coma

I finished the Hypertextual Essay yesterday and I am pretty happy with the way it turned out. The argument was well justified, even if it wasn't entirely formal at times in it's presentation. I used rollover buttons, comic images and graphs to portray my ideas predominantly, but some video and audio, along with audio waves were also incorporated. Unfortunately not all of my videos were used - I had asked a group of people the same question to use on a poll but when it was edited it was only about twelve seconds long of people saying yes or no. Since the majority of individuals who answered the question were from online communities I felt therefore that the video was a waste.

I was glad to be able to use a background that is basic without making the essay appear boring. In fact, this was the case with most layout elements. I decided not to use frames because a standard layout not only seemed fine but reduced the chance of errors.

Speaking of errors, I only have one clash of code between IE and Firefox. For some reason in Firefox some DHTML coding pops up where it doesn't even exist. In the IE version the line appears where the code seems to be but it doesn't appear. Therefore it is imperative that all viewers, if possible, read the essay in IE.

No comments: